when you use access controls for Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender device or any other networking devices, you will able to disable wifi access for certain devices that are connected to your internet access http:// extender.linksys.com . Access controls are available for both router and wifi extender devices so you do not need to worry about your wifi consumptions because you can easily make sure that your unimportant devices from your home network are not having required internet access.
You will need to access http:// extender.linksys.com admin login page for access controls for your device. This is the default admin login for Linksys wifi extender devices and from there you will able to block certain devices from internet access. We will recommend that you must troubleshoot your devices from any kind of login issues and then you can proceed for following steps.
How to Configure Access Controls for Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender Device? | http:// extender.linksys.com
- If your Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender device is connected with a computer device, you can easily make access for extender admin page. Connect your wifi extender device with a computer system and then provide power supply to your devices.
- Open web browser to your computer device.
- Type http:// extender.linksys.com web address and hit on the enter key.
- You will get Linksys wifi extender login page and there you will need to type default login user name and password for your device login.
- From wifi extender setup page choose “Wireless” option.
- After that you will need to choose “Access Controls”.
- There you will find option for making the access mode for your Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender device. If you choose “Allow” option then you will need to fill the MAC address of the computer device for which you want to allow internet access.
- If you choose “Deny” option then you will need to fill the MAC address for the computer device for which for which you want to deny the internet access.
- In the same way, you can add a new device to your wifi access. You will need to find the wireless devices that are available to your home network and then you can choose a particular device that you want to add to your home network.
- If you want to add a new device to your wifi access then you can also use MAC address of that computer device. Remember that Mac address for each device is different even if they are having same subnet mask and same IP address. You can use single IP address for all devices connected to your network but MAC address will be different for all devices.
- Once you configure access controls for your devices, you can save all these settings for your device using “Save” button.
If you are getting problems with making login for http:// extender.linksys.com web address then you can also use http:// 192.168.1.1 IP address for your device login. These both are the login addresses for accessing your extender setup page. You will also need to check the login password that you are using because you can only use the default admin password if you can do not have changed the default password. Your web browser must also be updated for latest updates only then you can access the login for your device.