Linksys wifi extender devices are best to use when you face slow internet connections for your devices. When you configure Linksys wifi extender device to your home network, you will able to remove slow internet connections from your devices. When you try to access Linksys range extender setup page, you will need to fill admin access password for your device.
In this article, we are going to explain steps for changing the default Linksys extender login password for your device. You must change Linksys range extender setup page password for your device and then you can secure your wireless settings. Steps are really simple but you will need to have working wifi connections for your modem device. If internet connections are not working then first troubleshoot your modem device.
How to Change Admin Login Password for Linksys WiFi Extender Device?
Here we have explained all steps for changing the admin access password for Linksys wifi extender device. Make sure to have a working wifi extender device so that you can change the admin password using this computer system.
- Using Ethernet cable connect your computer device with Linksys wifi extender device. You can also connect your wifi extender device and computer using wireless connections.
- Provide power supply to your device and wait for 10 seconds.
- Open web browser at your computer device.
- Fill http:// extender.linksys.com address in the web browser. http:// extender.linksys.com is the default web address that is used to access admin page for your device.
- Fill Linksys range extender setup login user name and password. Default password for extender login is “admin” further steps will allow you to change the default password for your device.
- Select “Administration” option from there.
- There you will find many options like management, log, firmware update and factory defaults. You will need to choose “Management” option from there.
- There you can fill a new password for your wifi extender device access.
- Once you change admin access password, you can click on “Save” button.
These steps will help you to change the password for your Linksys wifi extender device. Once you change the Linksys wifi login password for your device, you can reboot your device for once. For rebooting your Linksys wifi extender device, you can remove power supply for your device for 10 seconds.
How to Login Linksys Extender Device with New Password?
Once you change admin access password for your Linksys wifi extender device, we will recommend you to try login for your extender device. Here are the steps for accessing Linksys wifi extender login page using new password.
- Take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of Ethernet cable to the LAN port of your Linksys wifi extender device and connect other end of Ethernet cable to LAN port of your computer device.
- Open web browser to your computer device.
- Fill http:// extender.linksys.com address in the address bar.
- Hit on the enter key.
- Fill login user name and new password for your device access.
Once you get login for your device with new password, you must change the security settings for your device. There are many advance security settings that you can make for your wifi extender device. Also, we will recommend that you must update firmware for your wifi extender device time to time.
There are very simple steps for updating firmware for your wifi extender device. You must know the model number of your wifi extender device so that you can manage the login for your device access.