If you are like most people that use many wireless devices at your home, then it is possible that you have a Wi-Fi at your home to connect these devices. With the help of Wi-Fi your wireless devices like smartphones, laptop, smart TV, PS4 or Xbox, iPad, etc. to the internet. But you may also see that the Wi-Fi signal not always reaches every corner of your home evenly. The strength of the Wi-Fi signal at any location in your home depends on the distance between the Wi-Fi router and the wireless device. repeater.Asus.com
Moreover, it walls or other interferes can also weaken the signal. So, there you would be dead spots in your home where the Wi-Fi signals we are so weak that it will be barely hanging. Moreover, there would also be places where there will be no Wi-Fi signal. So, in these situations, you can use a Wi-Fi repeater device also known as a range extender. These devicesreceive the wireless signal from your router and then repeat the signals. These devices cansignificantly increase the range of your wireless router as well as cover up the range issue or dead spots.
There are many companies that manufacture range extender devices and Asus is a well-known name in the industry. Asus is one of the major players in the computer, phone,andElectronics Company. It manufactures all types of computing products for desktop PCs, to laptops, mobile phones, monitors, projectors and much more. They are alsoknown for producing Wi-Fi routers as well as Wi-Fi repeaters. By visiting the repeater.Asus.com, you can also change the SSID of your repeater device.
To do this, follow the below steps – repeater.Asus.com
- Open a web browser and type the http://Asus.com in the web browser’s address bar.
- Now, enter the default login username and password for your Asus Wi-Fi repeater. The default username and password for Asus repeater is “admin”.
- After logging in, click on Network Map, choose the frequency of your repeater
- Then, also type the SSID for your ASUS repeater and click on Apply button to save the settings.
- This will change the SSID for your Asus repeater to what you typed.
- It is also possible to configure the same SSID for your repeater device as your Wi-Fi router. You just need to enter the SSID of your Wi-Fi router in the Asus.com like mentioned above.
But this practice of configuring the same SSID for you repeater device can also cause problems for your network performance in some cases. This happens when you are moving aroundin-house. If you are connected to the Wi-Fi router, then even if the signal is weak, your device will stay connected to it when you keep the same SSID for your Wi-Fi router and repeater. Your device won’tautomaticallydiscard the wearconnection and switch to repeater even when the repeater has a strong signal in that area. So, it is recommended that before you go to repeater.Asus.com and change the SSID for Wi-Fi repeater same as the router, consider these problems first.