Setting up a new Belkin router can be done by securing your network by configuring the router. The settings for your router are in the administration panel. Understanding how to access the panel for your router is essential to protecting the security of your network. Set your own administration password to secure the router. Failure to secure your router can leave your network vulnerable to unauthorized users, risking viruses and many other dangers to your network.
For almost all Belkin routers, the default web setup is located at http://192.168.2.1, http://router may also work. Due to the method in which login credentials are set up, you likely won’t have to enter anything in the username and password fields when trying to access the admin panel. You should enter “admin” in the username field instead of anything else. You will definitely want to change the username and password if you have Belkin router. Someone can very easily access your network to make changes in the admin panel that could open security holes or allow them to install malware and hacking software. You can follow the steps given below to access the Belkin router setup page, so check them out:
- First, connect the LAN cable to your computer’s LAN port and an open port on your Belkin router.
- Now open your internet browser and navigate to 192.168.2.1 to access setup page.
- You will see the login option, click on the “Login” link which you can find at the top right corner.
- Now click on “Submit” when prompted for a password. By default, Belkin routers do not include a password.
- So you need to set your own administrator password to secure the router. In the left menu click on “System Settings”.
- Leave the “Current Password” field blank and enter your password in two new password fields and click on “Apply” option to save it.
So, by following these steps you can access the setup page of Belkin router, however, there are many different companies that make routers and if you find that you are not able to log in to the admin panel of your router then there is a chance that your credentials have been changed by someone. In this case, you can perform a factory reset on your router. The exact process for doing so varies from router to router but you should be able to find instructions on the manufacturer’s support, website or in the manual provided with your router. You can Google it as well if you have lost the physical copy of manual by defining the make and model of your router.
However, if you need any information regarding router, extenders, modem or any gadget of any brand then you can visit you will find many things related to routers, expenders, security tips and tricks to prevent your internet network and to save your important files or data from other people or hackers.