A Wi-Fi Range Extender detects the Wi-Fi signal from your router and expands it throughout your home. Linksys Wireless-N varies. The extender allows you to repeat the wireless signal of any access purpose or router to produce web property in laborious to succeed in areas through a wired or wireless association.
On the Wireless Security section, choose the safety settings that match your router’s configuration. For all these router and range extender products, we generally move towards Linksys brand.
Linksys range extenders are one of the best in the market and also come equipped with exclusive Spot Finder Technology, which helps you find optimal placement for your range extender using any mobile device. The Linksys range extender has some of the best features which are:
- Update the signal quality and fill in the dead zones in your wireless network with this extender.
- An audio jack on the end of the extender lets you plug in your speakers and listen to audio from your wireless devices, like smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Dual wireless bands reduce interference
- Get signal speeds up to 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz radio frequency band and up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Gigabit LAN ports for wired devices
- Combine up to 4 devices at a time to your range extender using Ethernet cables.
- These range extenders are quite easy to set up.
Changing operation mode for a Linksys range extender:
The latest Linksys Range Extenders can be set up as access points also. When an Access Point mode, they can be easily changed to Range Extender mode, and vice versa. It can be done by changing the Operation Mode in your range Wi-Fi Extender Linksys setup page.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi Extender Linksys setup to the range.
- Access http://extender.linksys.com on a web browser.
- Enter your range extender’s admin password, and then click Login. You will be taken back to the Basic Settings screen.
- Under Operation Mode, click Change.
- Attach an Ethernet cable from your range extender to your router. It is required before changing the Operation Mode.
- Under Change Operation Mode, select Access Point (Wi-Fi Extender Linksys setup) then click the Change button.
- Edit the settings as you prefer or leave the default settings as is, then click Change.
Follow the above steps carefully to change operation mode for Linksys range extender through their web management interface. They are great for supporting your changing requirements.