Installation Air Card Mobile Hotspot for the NETGEAR Wi-Fi extender increases the distance of a Wi-Fi network ( mywifiext login ) by amplifying the existing Wi-Fi signal and improving the overall quality of the signal over long distances. An extender repeats signals from an existing Wi-Fi router or access point.
Existing Wi-Fi Extender Wi-Fi Extend the range of your current Wi-Fi and produce a more powerful signal in hard-to-reach areas. Sometimes your router does not offer the Wi-Fi coverage you need. 3 Getting familiar with the extender before installing the extender, become familiar with its indicators, buttons and port.
Router Link Indicator Device Link Indicator Power Indicator WPS Indicator Power On / Off Button WPS Button Factory Reset Button Ethernet Port 4 Description of Indicators Router Link Indicator This indicator indicates the connection between the extender and the router or access point. Solid green excellent connection Fixed amber Good connection Fixed red Weak connection off. Also do mywifiext login before starting the process?
Wi-Fi security is not activated unless you do mywifiext login. Note: If the router link indicator or device link indicator is amber or red, see “Finding the best location” on page 10. 5 Installing the Wi-Fi extender Set the extender, turn it on and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. Place the extender and turn it on. Then try to connect your internet, make sure you have on the extender
- Place the NETGEAR Wi-Fi extender at the same location as the Wi-Fi router. Closeness to the Wi-Fi router is necessary only during the initial configuration process.
- Plug the extender into a power outlet. The power indicator lights green. If the power indicator does not light, press the Power button connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network To extend the coverage of the Wi-Fi network, you have to connect the extender to your existing Wi-Fi network.
How to Configure Air Card Mobile Hotspot for Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender
The AC810 WiFi download feature allows your AC810 to connect automatically to an existing WiFi network. Download your mobile broadband connection and use the indicated AP configuration. This article provides steps on how to configure the Wi-Fi download feature of the AC810.
To configure the Wi-Fi download:
- Use a computer or wireless client that is connected to the AC810.
- Open an Internet browser and go to http: //netgear.aircard.
- Log in with the default password that is password of mywifiext login.
- Click on Settings and then on the Network tab.
- Click on Wi-Fi Download.
- Select On and click Add.
- Note: Make sure that the IP address of your AC810 does not conflict with the IP address of the AP. By default, the IP address of your AC810 is 192.168.1.1. If you want to change your IP address range, click here.
- Enter your wireless network name (SSID) and passphrase. Click Save to apply the settings.
- Your device will restart to save the changes. Click on Send to continue.
- Your AC810 is now connected to the AP.
- Successfully enabled Wi-Fi download on your AC810.