A Wi-Fi range extender is a device that you would need to increase the range of your home network. You all know that Wi-Fi routers have limited range and if you want to use Wi-Fi beyond that range, you will need additional hardware that when kept at an optimum position will catch the signals from the Wi-Fi router and then forward the signal after amplifying it. D-link is one of the biggest manufacturers of the networking devices that produces Wi-Fi routers, network switches, surveillance cameras, firewalls, as well as range extenders. You can use the dlinkap local wizard to set up your D-link range extender.
D-link DAP-1320 is one of the models of the Wi-Fi range extenders from D-Link. This device will help you increase the Wi-Fi range of your Wireless network router. These are called range extenders as they add to the range of your Wi-Fi network so that you can cover up the dead zones on your home network. You can use to increase the range of your wireless network to basements, home offices, bedrooms, or other distant areas from the wireless router. The dlinkap local wizard will help you configure your D-link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi range extenders.
The D-Link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi range extender looks like a power adapter and can be plugged directly to the power outlet, bypassing the power chord requirement. It only has a single button on it and a LED to show connection status, due to its compact size. It is compatible with 2.4GH band wireless network as they can travel longer distances. You can find the instruction to the dlinkap local wizard included in the package it came with along with the range extenders default SSID and password.
How to Configure the D-Link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi Range Extender using the dlinkap local wizard?
- Plug your D-Link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi range extender into the power outlet and make sure that the power LED has turned into a blinking amber from red.
- Now, turn on the Wi-Fi on your mobile or laptop and you will see all the available wireless networks. Now, you need to select the wireless network name (SSID) written on the configuration card that came as part of the device
- Also, enter the password of your D-Link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi range extender given along with the SSID on the configuration card.
- Now, open a web browser on a computer or any other device and visit the http://dlinkap.local website. Then you need to follow the dlinkap local wizard setup process.
- Select the configuration method on the dlinkap local wizard and then click Next. Select a manual configuration and then select the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect your D-Link DAP-1320 device.
- When asked for a password, enter the password for your wireless router and click Next.
- On the second screen, you can change the Wi-Fi network name/SSID and the password for your DAP 1320 device. When you are done, click Next to finish the configuration process.
- Now, search for the wireless network on your mobile or laptop and then select the DAP-1320 device network name to connect to that network.