Who does not dream of a faster Internet? Unfortunately, beyond asking that your service provider offers the best speed you can afford and that works well constantly Netgear booster setup, there is little you can do. However, when we talk about the Wi-Fi connection, there are certain things inherent in the router that can cause variations in speed without the fault of your ISP, or your computer, or the curse that affects all generations of your family since 1892
Choose the best transmission channel
Although for some more knowledgeable users this may seem like simple common sense or something that everyone should know, it is not. When you install a router to offer an Internet connection in your home, the device chooses a channel to transmit the signal automatically. The detail is that the router of your neighbour next door, your neighbour in front, your neighbour up, back, everywhere … does the same, and if all the routers transmit on the same channel , this is saturated and the speed of your Internet can be affected , enough.
Very few people stop to configure their Netgear booster setup routers in detail, some even add a password, much less stop to choose the best transmission channel. Doing it is extremely simple, and the best thing is that you can use a simple application to scan the transmission channels around you and choose the best one
In the section where the wireless connection is configured, just in the same place where you choose the name of your Wi-Fi network, you can change the channel, it will almost always say “automatic”, choose the best one according to the previous analysis and do a new speed test. First do Netgear booster setup
How to reset the NETGEAR EX7000 range extender to the factory default settings
There are two ways to reset your EX7000 to the default configuration. First pressing the Factory Reset button and second, using the web user interface (GUI).
Factory reset button:
- Look for an object such as a pen or a paper clip.
- At the bottom of the EX7000, look for the Factory Reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip or pen and wait at least 5 seconds or until the LED on the magnifying device flashes amber.
- Release the Factory Reset button and wait for the EX7000 to restart.
- Once restarted, your EX7000 returns to its factory default settings.
- Use a computer that is connected to the EX7000 through a wired or wireless connection.
- Note: The LED on the magnifying device lights green to indicate that a device is currently connected to the EX7000.
- Open your Internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Go to www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your Internet browser.
- On the login page, enter your email and password and click on Log in.
- On the NETGEAR genie page, click on Settings and then on Other settings.
- Click Reset Click Yes to continue.
Wait for the web user interface to finish resetting the device to the factory default settings.