Parental controls are an approach to make devices kids well-disposed and unexpected the stream of any unlawful substance to them. The Internet is filled to overflow with unlawful substance like viciousness, grown-up content, erotic entertainment, bareness,and some others. As children these days all have their own cell phones or other keen devices, their entrance to the web has expanded ten times than previously. Your Xfinity wireless gateway at Xfinity wifi login page allows you to enable parental controls for your network and devices.
Xfinity wireless gateway allows you to block keywords in web addresses and specific sites; you can also control which computers these restrictions apply to.
To set Parental Controls, follow the below instructions
- Visit the wireless gateway’s Admin Tool website at http://10.0.0.1.
- Now, login with your username and password at the Xfinity wifi login page.
- Now, go to the Parental Control option and then go to Managed Sites.
- Using the Managed Sites menu, you can square access to specific sites from nearby devices. Select Enable,
- Blocked Sites: Click Add and enter the URLs of the sites to be blocked, and set up a period plan.
- Blocked Keywords: Click Add and enter a keyword(s) that show up on sites you need blocked, and set up a period plan.
- Trusted Computers: Specify the devices you might want to hold Internet access on your network by stamping Yes beside the device name. On the off chance that a device is chosen as a Trusted Computer, it sidesteps the arranged Parental Control settings.
- Now, go to Managed Services in the parental control area. It enables you to anticipate access to applications and administrations.
- Enable the oversaw administrations and after that set the parameters according to your prerequisites. Choices accessible are –
- Blocked Services: Click Add and characterize administrations and ports to be blocked utilizing Parental Controls.
- Trusted Computers: Specify the devices you might want to hold Internet access on your network by stamping Yes by the device name. On the off chance that a device is chosen as a Trusted Computer, it will sidestep the arranged Parental Control settings.
- To set parental controls on particular devices, go to Managed Devices menu.
- Enable the alternative and after that
- Add Allowed Devices: Choose which devices, assuming any, are absolved from Parental Control rules.
- Rules: Created reports show endeavored infringement of Parental Control rules.
You can setup internet time limits on your devices and that device won’t be able to access the internet for that specified time.
To Set up Internet Access Time Limits for a device, follow the below steps -| Xfinity wifi login page
- Visit Xfinity wifi login page and login to your account.
- Click the Select A Computer/Device catch to choose a PC connected to your home network.
- Check the Add catch for the PC you need to restrict – on the off chance that you don’t see the PC you might want to include, ensure the PC is turned on and tap the Refresh catch.
- In the Day(s) to Block segment, check the container alongside the day or days you need to restrict. Click Apply and the device Xfinity wifi login page won’t be able to access internet in between that particular time.