i-Ready is a web-based programme that will help your child in his school assignments and improves his performance. I-ready can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection except a handheld device or a tablet.
This programme can only be accessed by using a computer, any other device (iPad or Tablet) cannot access it.
This is an online assessment instruction programme to help your child and there are huge chances that this year your child’s school may be implementing the i-Ready programme.
- The adaptive diagnostic will analyze the ability of the child and automatically adjust the difficulty level of questions of various subjects accordingly. This leads to a steady growth in the performance of the child.
- The tests are designed to analyze the performance of child that helps to find the level of the child both at the skill level and by domain.
- The assessment will start from the micro level, the first question that your child will see based on his or her grade and based on that question (time has taken/accuracy/speed) assessment will be made. As the child proceeds further the difficulty level of the questions may increase or decrease depends on the child answers the questions.
Why is adaptive diagnostic necessary?
The adaptive diagnostic is necessary to assist the child in a right direction. The adaptive test identifies the strength and weaknesses of the child in various domains like calculations, readings, vocabulary.
Diagnostic for Reading Assess
The various areas where the reading diagnostic assesses skills are known as Domains.
- Comprehensions related to Literature
- Comprehensions on informational text
- Words that are used frequently
- Awareness related to Phonology
Diagnostic for Mathematics assess
The followings are the domains under diagnostic assess for Mathematics.
- Geometry related to child study.
- Number system and operations.
- Measurement and data.
After the child finished the Diagnostic, the results are analyzed to provide the required instructions to meet their needs.
i-Ready is a programme specially designed to support the child and helps to improve his performance whether the child is above, on, or below the required grade level.
- Once the online Diagnostic is completed by the child, online instructions will be automatically assigned to him.
- The teacher-led instructions help the child to grow up to his/her full potential and gain mastery over each skill.
- The programme monitoring capabilities of i-Ready will help the child’s teacher up-to-date on his programme throughout.
The online lessons are designed to keep the student engage in different activities so as to improve his concentration by providing middle school online lessons.
For example: How to do argument evaluation?
- Is the argument clearly stated the main point?
- Are there claims to support the argument?
- Check whether there is evidence or not to support the argument.
- Make a conclusion that the argument is strong or weak.
How to find a book on i-Ready?
i-Ready can also help the parents to find the appropriate book online for their child interests and reading level.
- Teachers will measure the performance of the child based on the Diagnostic assessment which is called as a Lexile measure. A Lexile measure is a numerical value followed by ”L”.
- The Lexile measure will help the parents to find the right level of books for their child.
- The parents can ask the child’s teachers for the Lexile measure of their child.
Seeing the performance of your child
This information can be accessed by the parents through their child’s i-Ready account by iready/login.
. Then “My Progress” box can be accessed to track the progress of the child.
i-Ready working together with your child’s school to achieve success.