Internet and Wi-Fi have become one of the basic necessities of the present world. Nowadays, most of the internet users have Wi-Fi in their home as much but they can share their home internet connection with their other devices like Smartphone, tablets, laptops or other devices. But sometimes you would have noticed that you won’t be able to use your Wi-Fi at some locations in your home, often referred to as dead zones. In the dead zones, the Wi-Fi signal is so weak that your devices aren’t able to use even the minimum bandwidth. If you are encountering this problem, then you can use a range extender device to increase the range of the Wi-Fi signals to your entire home. Linksys range extender re3000w setup
Linksys is a major name in networking devices market and has been producing quality extenders like RE3000W for quite some time now. But you need to complete the Linksys range extender RE3000W setup to use the range extender device to increase the range of your home network. You can use the driver CD to automatically setup your Wi-Fi extender device by following the steps displayed in the setup process.
But before you start the Linksys range extender RE3000W setup, you need to make sure that your wireless network is 2.4 GHz. This is because only 2.4 GHz wireless network as it will only detect network at the 2.4GHz frequency. Moreover, you should also know your wireless network name to complete Linksys range extender RE3000W setup. The requirement for setting up the Linksys range extender device is the password for the Wi-Fi router. You can get the network name (SSID) and password by logging in to your wireless router homepage.
Step by step guide to setup Linksys Range Extender RE3000W setup
After you have ensured that you meet the above requirements, you can follow the below steps for Linksys range extender RE3000W setup –
- Insert the range extender setup CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and Click on “Set up your Linksys range extender” option.
- Check the “I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software” checkbox and then click on Next button. Wait for a while till the software is preparing to set up the wireless connection with your wireless router and range extender.
- When the wireless connection has been detected, plug in the range extender into the power outlet and then click Next at the setup It will start searching for your range extender and connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- When the range extender is detected, you need to choose your wireless network. Click on your range extender’s name and then click on Connect.
- Next, you will be required to select your wireless network name or SSID of the router and then again click Next.
- Then, enter the password or security key for your wireless network and press OK once done. When entering a password, make sure they are in the same case as you had set up before as they are case sensitive.
- At the next page, you will be able to move your wireless extender to a different location that you want and click Next. It will complete the Linksys Range Extender RE3000W setup.