Once you purchase Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device for your network, you will need to make sure that you can easily configure your device ( setup Linksys extender ). Manual and setup CD configurations are possible for Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device so you really do not need to worry about making firmware time setup for your device. In this article, we are going to explain manual setup for Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device. Once you setup this advance wifi extender device, you can connect other wireless devices to your extender device.
Before you proceed for manual setup for Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device, you have to make sure some basic configurations for your network. First, you will need to make sure that your wifi network is working smoothly and you can make wireless settings for your device. You will also need a computer device that will work as user interface for your wifi setup Linksys extender device
Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender Manual Configurations
- You will need to create a communication path between your computer and Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device. You can connect your devices using Ethernet cable. Connect one end with computer device LAN port and connect other end with Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device.
- Provide power supply to your device and have a look at the power LED light for your device. This power LED must be solid green in colour.
- You will need to search for wifi network available for your Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device. You will need to connect your computer device with this wifi network so that you can easily setup Linksys extender device later.
- Open web browser for your computer device.
- Fill http:// extender.linksys.com address in the address bar and hit on the enter key.
- You will the login window for your device access so fill “Admin” for Linksys extender login access.
- From the setup window you will need to select “Manual Setup” option.
- For the login window once again fill “Admin” as password and then click on “Login” button.
- There you will get option for manually setting up your Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device. First select IP address for your device, after that select 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings for your Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender device.
- You can also change the SSID name for your device you can select the network name that you can easily remember for your wifi extender device. You can have different names for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network.
- These settings will allow your device to work smoothly but do not remember to click on “Apply” button.
Once you make all these steps for setup Linksys extender device, you must make login for your extender setup page. Once again you will need to use the same computer device that is already connected to your computer device and then you can follow following these steps.
- type http:// extender.linksys.com web address in the address bar.
- Fill extender login user name and password for your device access.
- Go for “Management” option and first change the admin access password for your device security.
These steps will allow you to access Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender login page easily using your computer device. If you are getting problems with Linksys RE6350 WiFi Extender login page then you have to cross check the settings that you have made for your device. Wired connections between your wifi extender device and computer device must be accurate. Ethernet cable you are using also need to accurate and login address that you are using can also be replaced with 192.168.1.1 IP address.