When you configure Linksys wifi extender device for your home, you expect to have wifi signals for each corner of your home http:// extender.linksys.com . Sometimes you face internet dropping problems even after installing advance Linksys RE7000s device for your home. In that case, “Seamless Roaming Technology” can help you.
What is Seamless Roaming Technology? | http:// extender.linksys.com
When we talk about configuring advance seamless roaming technology for Linksys RE7000s device, you first need to understand what seamless technology is. This is the advance WiFi access technology that is designed so that you should not get slow internet connections for each room of your home.
WiFi connections will “follow” you for each corner of your home so you do not need to face dead zones for your wireless devices. There many benefits that you will enjoy with seamless roaming and there we are short listing these benefits for you.
- Making setup for seamless technology is very simple. You will need to access http:// extender.linksys.com web address for configuring this advance technology for your device.
- You will get advance and intelligent devices that will able to provide you advance wifi connections even in basement of your home.
- WiFi connections that are provided with seamless roaming technology are really very secure. You can connect your mobile devices to your these internet connections even if you are sitting outside of your home.
- You will not need to switch of change the WiFi networks for your mobile devices because each wifi network will have same SSID network name and password.
- If you love to play online games then you can take benefits of this advance technology for your Linksys RE7000s device. You can have high speed internet connections for your devices and get wifi connections for your mobile and computers.
These are the advance wifi features of using seamless technology for your Linksys RE7000s device. In next few steps we are going to explain the steps for making configurations for your Linksys RE7000s device using http:// extender.linksys.com web address.
How to Configure Seamless Roaming for Linksys RE7000s Device?
You will need two Linksys RE7000s devices for making seamless roaming for your device so make sure that you have both devices working for your home network.
- You can configure one Linksys RE7000s device as an access point and connect this device to router using Ethernet cable. You should not connect your devices using wireless technology but Ethernet cable connections are must.
- After that make some security settings for your device. You can have WPA2 or WPA2 security settings for your devices.
- After that, you will need to access Linksys extender login page using http:// extender.linksys.com web address. Remember that you need to access the login page for second Linksys RE7000s device.
- There you will need to enable the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz settings for your devices.
- Fill SSID network name and password for your wireless network.
- Manage the channel settings and security settings for Linksys RE7000s device. You can either enable or disable the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings for your Linksys RE7000s device.
These are the steps for making seamless roaming settings for Linksys RE7000s device. You can then save all settings for your device and for that you will need to click on “Apply” button. You must slow change the admin access password for your device. You can change SSID name and password for your devices. There are two Linksys RE7000s devices connected to your home network so you must have secure wifi access password for both of these devices.