Wi-Fi has turned out to be essential in our everyday lives. With it, we can get to the web on the entirety of our wireless devices and devices like cell phones, tablets and furthermore connect with wireless printers setup Linksys extender .
In any case, even this innovation has its confinements. On the off chance that you have Wi-Fi in your home, you would see each Wi-Fi router has a restricted range and still, at the end of the day its range relies upon the area where you put your Wi-Fi router. There would be some visually impaired or dead spots for your Wi-Fi network.
Be that as it may, on the off chance that you need to broaden that constrained range of your home Wi-Fi network, you require a Wi-Fi range extender device. Linksys create many astonishing range extender devices that work extraordinarily to build the range of your Wi-Fi network. Be that as it may, before you could exploit the Wi-Fi range extender, you have to manually setup Linksys extender and get a Linksys range extender login.
You can arrange different settings for your Linksys device when you setup Linksys extender at the Linksys electronic setup page. Among these settings, there will be alternatives to utilize Static IP address for connecting to the web.
A Static IP Address is a settled IP Address that is arranged on the settings of a PC or router. Some Internet Service Providers (ISP) expect you to enter a Static IP Address on your PC or router’s TCP/IP settings so you can connect to the Internet.
Prerequisites for Setting Static IP address on Linksys device | setup Linksys extender
- Obtain the accompanying data from your ISP:
- Internet IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Make beyond any doubt that there is a functioning Internet connection when you connect the PC straightforwardly to the modem utilizing an Ethernet link. Check on the off chance that you can go web-based utilizing the Static IP Address on your PC. If not, contact your ISP.
- If you just exchanged ISPs and you are presently utilizing a Static IP connection, you have to reset your router first. To do this, press and hold the Reset catch for 10 seconds utilizing a pen or a paper clip at that point unplug the router from the power outlet for 30 seconds and plug it back in and sit tight for the Power LED to be strong.
- After checking your Internet connectivity, connect the modem to the Internet port on the router and your PC to one (1) of the numbered Ethernet ports.
- After connecting your devices to the router, confirm on the off chance that they are working legitimately by checking the LEDs on the router’s front board.
Your PC ought to be set to acquire IP Address so it can speak with the router.
How to setup Linksys device using static IP address?
Step 1: Open a web browser and go to the Linksys web-based setup page.
Step 2: Login with your Linksys username and password to setup Linksys extender using Static IP address.
Step 3: Go to the Setup page, and select Static IP option for the Internet Connection Type.
Step 4: Enter the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS provided by the ISP and click Save Settings.