When you use or install Linksys wifi router device to your home network, you will get wireless devices to your mobile devices. Linksys wifi router devices are easy to install and configure and wireless settings for these devices are performed using http //linksyssmartwifi.com login window.
Because none of router device comes with a interface, you will need a computer device for accessing the Linksys router login page. In this article, we will explain steps for accessing Linksys router setup page from your computer device.
Here are the Steps to Access Linksys Router Login Page
- You will need to connect your Linksys wifi router device to your computer device. You can either connect your Linksys wifi router device using Ethernet cable or wireless connections.
- Provide power supply to your devices and status LED for your Linksys router device must be solid green in colour.
- Open web browser at your computer device.
- Fill http //linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar because this is the default login address for accessing the login page for your router device.
- When you hit on the enter key, you can get login page for your device. Fill Linksys login user name and password for your device access. If you are using default login details, you can use “admin” as user name and password.
These are the steps for making Linksys router login access and then you can make wireless settings for your device. In following steps, we are providing the wireless settings that are possible after accessing Linksys router login page.
- Change the Linksys router login user name and password for your device and secure your login access.
- Update firmware for your device as soon as possible and that will be possible using http //linksyssmartwifi.com login access.
- You can manage the parental controls so that you can block the websites that you do not want to allow for your children.
- If you want to increase or decrease the bandwidth controls for your devices then these settings are also possible using Linksys login page.
- You can manage the MTU size settings for your data communications using Linksys setup page.
These are the settings that you can make after accessing Linksys wifi router login page. In case, you can’t access the Linksys router login page from your computer device then you will need to cross check some basic settings for your devices. Here are the possible reasons why you can’t access Linksys router login page.
Make Sure that Power Supply for your Devices
Very basic settings that you will need to cross check are the power supply for your devices. If your Linksys wifi router device and computer system is not receiving power supply accurately then you can’t access Linksys login page from your computer.
Power Cycle your Network Devices
If you can’t access Linksys smart wifi login page using http //linksyssmartwifi.com web address then you can power supply your devices. When you need to power cycle your device, you can remove power supply for your computer and router device and reconnect your power supply after few seconds.
Cross Check the Linksys Router Login Address
Make sure that you are using correct login address for accessing http //linksyssmartwifi.com web address. You can use http:// myrouter.local web address for accessing router login page and there should not be any kind of spelling mistakes over there.
Make Sure your Modem Device is Working Accurately
Your modem device must also be connected and working accurately. If your find that your router device is not connected accurately to your modem device then you will need to reconfigure modem device once again. You can use user manual for reconfigure your modem device.
Try Using IP Address for Linksys Login
you can replace http //linksyssmartwifi.com web address with http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address. This is the IP address that will allow you to make wireless settings for your router device. Your computer device must be able to get IP address automatically from your router device.
Change the Web Browser
You can change the web browser your are using for accessing Linksys smart wifi page. There are many advance web browsers that are available for you. You can clear the cache memory for your web browser and then you can try to access http //linksyssmartwifi.com web address.
These are the possible solutions that you can try for accessing Linksys router login page from your computer device.
Benefits of Having Linksys Smart WiFi Account
If you have Linksys smart wifi account, you can easily handle your Linksys router devices easily from any remote location. In following session, we are describing the benefits of having Linksys smart wifi account for your router devices.
- if you have Linksys smart wifi account then you can easily find the device list for your network. Using network list, you can easily find the hardware devices that are connected to your home network.
- If you want to manage the guest network for your Linksys wifi router device, you can use Linksys smart wifi account for that. You can make sure the bandwidth that you want to allow for your home network using guest network.
- Using media prioritization option for http //linksyssmartwifi.com you can provide bandwidth priorities for your network.
- If you need to run speed test for your Linksys router and other wireless devices then you can use Linksys smart wifi account.
- Using parental controls for your Linksys smart wifi account, you can block websites for your home network. You can block the websites that you do not want to allow for your family and children.