A Mac filtering is a way to give access or to block anyone from your network by blocking or allowing their devices to use your internet. It can be done by taking the IP address of all the device that is using your network and if you use a Mac filter then there is no way no one can connect with your network with your permission. To set up Mac filtering for your Belkin Router you can read this article, in this article we will learn some steps by which Mac address filtering can be done with the help of 192.168.2.1 Belkin router dashboard , you just need to follow the steps which are given below:
- The first step is to connect all of your devices on what you want to access the wireless network.
- You need to open a browser and enter the 192.168.2.1 Belkin router dashboard settings.
- Now you need to go to the wireless option to access Mac filter panel by selecting the enable option but don’t save the settings right now.
- After this, a Mac address filter window will open up and on that window, you can see the IP address of all the devices connected to the network.
- There is a list of wireless clients which shows name, Mac and IP address of the computer.
- Now tap on the button under the Enable Mac filter of the computers on which you want to use the wireless network and after enabling click on the Update filter list option.
- Once the router setup is done, then you need to enter the password to make changes and once the router gets your information it will reset and make the changes you have done.
The wireless access can be filtered by using Mac address of the wireless device as well which is transmitting in your network. You must enter the Mac address of each device on your network by which they can use your network. You should ensure the set up the 192.168.2.1 Belkin router dashboard by identifying all the Mac address you want to filter and make sure that the wireless devices you want to block or give access are currently connected with your network and other steps to set up the Mac filtering is are given below:
- On a browser type http://router in the address bar and press enter.
- Type http://192.168.2.1 if your previous page is not able to open to see the homepage of the router.
- You will see a firewall section on the page, so click on the Mac address filtering option.
- After this, now check on the box to enable the Mac address filtering and after that type the Mac address of your every device that you want to allow or block in your network.
- After all these steps, click on apply changes option to set all the changes you have done and after this Mac filtering for your Belkin Router is completed.