The usage of internet has increased tenfold with the introduction of Wi-Fi technology. Wi-Fi has become so universally used that now almost every device from mobile phones, cameras, printers, are coming integrated with it from the company. Such is the potential of Wi-Fi. If you have a broadband internet connection at your home, then you can share it with your other devices with the help of a Linksys smart wifi setup router.
These days, the vast majority of the web clients have Wi-Fi in their home to such an extent yet they can impart their home web association with their different gadgets like Smartphone, tablets, workstations or different gadgets.
A wireless router is a gadget that plays out the elements of a router and furthermore incorporates the elements of a wireless passageway. It is utilized to give access to the Internet or a private PC organize. Contingent upon the maker and model, it can work in a wired neighborhood, in a wireless-just LAN, or in a blended wired and wireless system.
They allow you to share your home internet network with wireless devices. So, you can use your internet connection on your smartphone with the help of a Wi-Fi router which otherwise would have been impossible if your modem didn’t have a wireless ability.
There are many companies manufacturing Wi-Fi routers, but Linksys, an American networking device manufacturer produces one of the best products with their decadesof experience. They have been producing networking devices since 1988, a feat that makes them one of the most experienced players in the Wi-Fi router and networking market.
Besides routers, they have aptitude in making Wi-Fi extenders, organize switches, center points, web camcorders, and also arrange capacity gadgets. All of the devices created by Linksys are of the highest quality and users are always satisfied with their products. They also produce a range of Smart Wi-Fi router that can be managed remotely with the Linksys smart wifi setup or mobile app.
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is a free administration furnished with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers. In the wake of setting up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, you can without quite a bit of a stretch access it wherever there is a web association by using a Linksys cloud account and interfacing your router to it. Linksys Smart Wi-Fi devices that enable you to play out some other work like empowering parental controls, permitting visitor get to, speed test, USB stockpiling, and so forth. You can likewise see the rundown of gadgets associated with the Wi-Fi router.
You can rename the devices connected to the router as well as remove Wired and wireless devices that use your router to connect to the network. Though only offline devices can be removed and if the device is online you need to change your router password or manually turn the Wi-Fi off on those devices if you want to remove them. For wired devices, you need to turn them off from the power outlet or remove the Ethernet cable.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi tools are very useful, but if you want to make the best out of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account, your firmware should be upgraded. Follow the below steps to upgrade the firmware of your Linksys SmartWi-Fi router.
Steps to update the firmware for Linksys smart wifi setup router
- Download the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Firmware from the Linksys support page. go to the downloads/firmwaresection and then click download software.
- Select the firmware for your device as per its hardware version and click Download.
- Navigate to the downloadedfile and extract it.
- Then, open a browser and log in to the Linksys smart wifi setup page by entering “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar.
- Enter the username and password. The default username and password are both “admin”.
- Click on Administration and then click Firmware Upgrade. Then select Manual upgrade and select the file you downloaded.
- Click Start Upgrade and it will display a warning that the process must not be interrupted.
- Again, login to your router websetup page by entering the router’s IP Address. And your login credentials.
- After logging in, associate your router to your account.
When asked, enter your router’s password. The default is an admin.