If you are facing wifi issues with your Nest cam by which you are not able to add or remove the devices on your wifi network and if your device is not getting an internet connection or running internet on a very slow speed then it can be fixed by Nest Cam setup using the app on your device. With the help of app you can troubleshoot the wifi connection of your Nest camera and do that you can do the below steps:
- First make sure that your home Wifi is enabled and working and after that since all cameras use the same home wifi network, check any other device that is it working or not and if you are using a mobile phone then make sure that you don’t use the mobile data to test the connection and keep your phone on airplane mode and enable the wifi option.
- If the device is connecting with internet then check any other device to surf the internet but if your all devices are not working then contact the internet service provider to check the status of his service in the area as sometimes some repairing is undergoing.
- After checking the service status of internet service provider, now check the service status of nest and if the nest service is down you will see the camera in offline mode or if you are using app then you will see any notification like the nest service can’t be reached right now on it, so there is no need to Nest Cam setup as the problem is from nest end.
- Wait for the nest service to come back online and you must use the latest version of the app which can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple App store and after downloading it reinstall the app.
- Now restart your camera to refresh your all connection. You just need to unplug the power adapter of your Nest cam and plug it back after 10 seconds and it will automatically restart.
Once it restarts, you will see a solid green light on the camera which shows that your cam is connected to your home wifi network now. However, if you see any other color of light then to Nest Cam setup try to do a power cycle of your router and restarting your router will reset your internet connection and you should also restart any wifi range extenders and repeaters that you want to add on your network. To restart your router you just need to unplug the power cords and modem by which all lights will be off and after 30 seconds plug in the modem and wires again and your router will automatically restart and show you the lights and flashing lights as well and once the router is restarted check the wifi connection on your laptop or mobile phones and you will get the wifi network back on your devices but not having suitable bandwidth can cause connection issues again on your nest cam.