Either you can set up your router with Netgear genie automatically or else, you can do it by visiting www.routerlogin.net admin . By doing it manually, you can utilize the genie menus and screen for setting router manually.
Now, before starting the setup process, you will need to get your ISP information which will be helpful during this setup process.
When you will start your Internet Service, your ISP gives you all the information which are needed for connecting to the Internet.
In case of DSL service, you will need the following data for setting the router:
- ISP Configuration information for the DSL account
- ISP User Name and Password
- Static or Fixed IP Address Settings
Steps to setup Netgear Nighthawk router using Genie Application | www.routerlogin.net admin
Step 1: At first, Turn on the Router by pressing the On/Off Button.
Step 2: Make sure that your computer or wireless device is connected to your router or an Ethernet cable (Either Wired or Wireless) with the available preset security settings.
- Important Note
If you are willing to change your routers Wi-Fi setting, use a wired connection if you don’t want to get disconnected when the latest Wi-Fi Settings will take effect.
Step 3: Start an Internet Browser on your computer. The screen which pops up all depends on your access to the router.
- The very first time when you set up the connection for your router, the browser goes to www.routerlogin.net admin page. And, you will see the Netgear genie screen.
- In case if you have already logged in to www.routerlogin.net admin, you can further proceed to step 4.
Step 4: Follow the given Instructions
Netgear genie will guide you through the whole process of connecting the router to the Internet.
Step 5: If the browser is not displaying the page, follow the below given instructions.
- Even after accessing www.routerlogin.net admin, your web page is not loading; make sure that your computer is in connection to your LAN or to your wireless network.
- Make sure that the router is in full working condition and the power LED is bright white.
- Close and again open the browser. And in case, it still doesn’t come, try to clear the browser cache.
- Now, again open www.routerlogin.net admin and if your computer is set up as fixed or static address, convert it to IP Address from the router.
Step 6: If the router is still unable to connect to the Internet, perform the following steps:
- Review your settings thoroughly. Here, you must select the correct option and typed everything accurately.
- Contact your ISP in order to verify the accurate configuration information.
Wrapping Things Up
So, there you go. Setting up a router is much easy than it may seem. All that you need is some step guide illustrated in a simple manner. In any case, if you want to setup Netgear Nighthawk router using Genie, go nowhere else. Just follow the above steps, do some troubleshooting process. And you will end Setting it up, sooner or later.