Port forwarding is a technique that allows computers from a remote network to connect a computer on a protected or a private network. Almost every Wi-Fi router allows port forwarding including XFINITY. Port forwarding is required for many areas and you can set it up from the wifi login Xfinity webpage.
With port forwarding, you can perform the various tasks –
- Play online multiplayer games with any problem.
- Access POP3 email accounts.
- View messages on Instant Messengers.
- High-quality video calling/conferencing.
- Share files on a peer-to-peer connection.
- Remote computer access.
So, port forwarding has a lot of uses and help us solve a lot of problems. If you are facing connection trouble on your wifi login Xfinity, then you need to enable Port forwarding on it. This is done through Xfinity xFi which allows you to set up port forwards and manage other home network settings from anywhere with an Internet connection.
How to setup port forwarding for Xfinity wireless gateway? | wifi login Xfinity
- Open a web browser and enter http://10.0.0.1in the address to go to wifi login Xfinity web page. Make sure you visit the webpage using a device that is connected to your network.
- Now, log in to the Admin Tool using “admin” as the username and “password” for a password. Enter the specific password if you had changed it.
- Click on Port Forwarding option from the Advanced menu in the left pane.
- Click on Enable and the button will turn green.
- Click on +Add Service in the Port Forwarding window and its corresponding page will appear.
- Now, select an appropriate option from the Common Service drop-down menu. It will automatically populate the start and end ports below the Common Service field. The available options are FTP, AIM, HTTP, and PPTP. For a service not listed, select Other and type Service Name in the field.
- Select the Service Type from the TCP/UDP.
- Click Connected Device to select the device on your network and populate these fields for the IPv4 Address or IPv6 Address fields. If this option doesn’t appear, follow the below steps –
- Open another program window, take after Steps 1 and 2 from above, and go to Connected Devices > Devices, as demonstrated as follows.
- Click the name of your device for which you need to include the port sending guideline, under Online Devices’ Host Name.
- Highlight and duplicate the IP address.
- Return to the past program window and glue the IP address. The begin and end ports will populate just in the event that you chose one of the four Common Services. If not, enter the port numbers that are required for the amusement or administration for which you need to include the port sending standard.
- Click Save and you will have made a port forwarding principle on your home network, however before you log out of the Admin Tool, note down your WAN IP address. You’ll require this data to start utilizing the game or other purposes.