Drive cams are a great medium of promoting driving safety and assurance. Drive cams are popularly used by thousands of people who drive different vehicles regularly throughout the country. Drivecam cameras are available at different prices and models according to the vehicle you drive. Over time Drivecam Cameras have become an essential part of driving accessories.
Now, there a lot of different wires and other mechanisms that are attached with the Drivecam Camera. One of the most important wire is the red wire that is connected to the camera. Now we are going to discuss how you can understand whether the redwire has been connected to the Drivecam Camera successfully or not. Let us have a look.
Testing The Red Wire in Drivecam Camera
Here are the steps to check whether the Red wire in a Drivecam Camera is functioning properly or not.
- Turn on the power and the ground, wait for around 30-35 seconds.
- With the help of the key, turn on the ignition. The light to the left of the camera lense with turn green and will keep glowing for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the power and the light on the right side should automatically switch on and will remain turned on that way.
These are the most important steps to check once you have installed the Drivecam Camera. Double check the steps to make sure it is functioning properly.
Other indications of the light-
Apart from the behaviour we discussed above there are some other indications of the red wire in the Drivecam Camera to keep in mind as well.
- If the left green light keeps blinking it means that it is searching for some wireless signal.
- If the right light is blinking red then it means a data transfer is being carried out.
- If both the lights starts to blink it means that you are upgrading the firmware.
- If the right light is blinking red and green then it is recording an event.
So here are the different indicators that might pop up when you have purchased a Drivecam Camera. If you think the camera is facing any kind of technical problem or the LED indicators are not working, you can immediately contact the company for help or get a local electrician who can fix Drivecam Camera wires. The function of the red wire is very important and thus any problem related to it must not be neglected.