If you want to set up a Linksys router with a cable internet service then it can be done by using installation CD or by configuring settings of your router manually. You should use the Linksys connect software to set up the wifi routers or linksyssmartwifi . Before starting the set up of your router you should know the type of internet connection and if you don’t know then you can ask it from your internet service provider. You can use the following steps to set up a Linksys router:
- Attach your computer with the modem by using an Ethernet cord and once the modem is connected to your computer, you can proceed to the next step if internet connection is available on your computer.
- Keep in mind that if your modem has USB ports then you will be not able to use the internet, in that case, you need to contact your internet service provider.
How to connect devices? linksyssmartwifi
- You will see a WAN and internet port on the router, so connect your cable modem to your router.
- Now connect your computer to any of the ports of your router, however, if you are using a wireless computer then you connect it with an Ethernet cord first.
- Attach your router’s adapter to the outlet of power and after you attach it to power outlet you need to check the lights of the router and ensure that all the lightings are in ON status.
- Once it starts working, to configure linksyssmartwifi you need to open 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- When the page opens, you will need to provide your username and password but if you don’t have a password or if you don’t know the password then you can reset your router which will change the router’s setting to factory settings.
- If you know the password and you are logged in then click on the setup tab and then tap on Mac Address clone button.
- Now select enable and after that click on clone my PC’s Mac option.
- Once all done, click on save settings tab.
- Internet will be in active status and now you can check the internet connection by checking that your internet connection of linksyssmartwifi router is set to Automatic configuration – DHCP.
- Again tap on the status option.
- Your IP address is properly configured if it has numbers but if it is showing up 0.0.0.0 then you need to click on Renew IP address option.
- DHCP Release is for wireless-B and DHCP Renew for Wireless-G router.
After performing all these steps you will be able to access the internet but if your internet connection is still not coming then you can do the power cycle of the modem and put it on off and while the modem is in OFF status, unplug the adapter of the router and shut down your PC. After sometime switch ON the modem and wait for all lights of the modem is ON and once the router and modem is ON wait for the light to be in steady status and after that power on your computer and after this, your internet connection will be active on your device.