TP-link is the world’s biggest networking device manufacturer that produces top quality devices. they produce every type of networking devices from wifi routers, network expansions, wifi repeaters, switches, gateways and much more ( tplinkcloud com ).But now, they are also trying their hand in smart home camera systems and have already launched their range of affordable smart home cameras – Kasa Cam.
The Kasa cam is a very affordable home security camera that is available for just $110, which is a huge bargain when it comes to home security cameras. Though the Kasa cam is quite affordable, it doesn’t lack behind other cameras in terms of features.
Whether it is about its setup process, or video and audio quality, night mode, or the ability to play lie video on Fire Tv r chrome cast, it is one of the best devices out there. It needs the Kasa app to setup which is very easy to use as the tplinkcloud com web portal to manage the Kasa cam is still under development.
Features of Kasa cam | tplinkcloud com
- It gives crystal clear and crisp video and images with its 1080p resolution.
- Wide angle view of 130° ensures that you always capture the most of your home.
- Video has a balanced quantity of crispness and lightning which makes sure that you can view your home as though you are physically there.
- It can be integrated with Amazon Alexa and allows you to control your device with your voice when your hands are full.
- Create Custom movement zones.
- Get notificationsalerts when a movement is detected.
- Records a clip each time it detects movement or distinguishes a sound.
- Even at night time, you can monitor your home with the 25-ft night vision.
- With Kasa Care, your action chronicles are put away to your Kasa account so you can survey and download your recordings from anyplace.
- Each Kasa Cam accompanies 2 long periods of free video history and a 1-month free preliminary to get to 30 long periods of your video history.
- 2-route sound with worked in receiver and speaker gives you a chance to stay in contact with your family.
- Every one of your chronicles is ensured with AES-128 piece information encryption and SSL/TLS.
- Requires an anchored home Wi-Fi organize the association.
The Kasa mobile app is available for Android and iOS-based smartphones, which make up for the largest part of the smartphone market. Their respective apps can be downloaded from their respective app stores i.e. Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS devices. Moreover, the app is compatible with a large variety of devices from smartphones, phablets,and tablets.
As there is no web portal like tplinkcloud com available for Kasa cam and it can only be managed by smartphone app, what would you do if your device fails to detect the TP-link Kasa security camera? If you aren’t able to connect the camera with the Kasa app, you won’t be able to set it up and use it for monitoring your home.
If that happens, either you would have to buy a new smartphone and hope it works with the camera or you will think ofreturning the camera. But, before you do any of those, you should try troubleshooting the cause of this failure, otherwise, you won’tenjoy the benefits of Kasa security camera. Moreover, it can happen that even if you buy a new smartphone, it may still fail to detect the Kasa cam. So, before you take any major decision, follow the below steps to troubleshoot Kasa cam –
- First, check that the system light on the camera is solid green. If it isn’t, it means that the camera isn’t connected to the network.
- Check whether the Smartphone and camera are connected to the same Wi-Fi router if it isn’t then it is the reason why your smartphone fails to detect it.
- Make sure that the DHCP server at the back of your router is enabled.
- Reset the camera to its default settings by pressing the reset or WPS button if you have configured the network feature of the camera and the default connection type is Not Dynamic.