There comes a dire need to change the IP address on some occasions. It is known that the default IP address of the Access Point or Range Extender is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254. This always varies from model to model. The IP address of the repeater can be found on the bottom part of the product. http://tplinkrepeater.net admin
If this IP address is the same with the IP address of the base router, then you will have to customize the settings to change the IP address of the TP-link device so that conflict of the IP address doesn’t take place. If it will then neither of the routers will work.
There are few basic steps to change the IP address of tp link wireless repeater setup, which are: | http://tplinkrepeater.net admin
- Step 1
Go and Login to the Web-based Interface of your wireless extender. If you don’t know how to log in into it, then follow the following steps to log in the web-based interface.
- Connect your device to the LAN support of tp link wireless repeater setup with an Ethernet cable.
- Now assign the static IP address which is given to you manually on your PC. These are the few steps of how to assign the static IP address for your computer.
- Left click on the start button, then go to the control panel and from there go to network and internet. Open network and internet and click on Network and sharing center and then click on the change adapter settings.
- Now you have to the right click on the Local Area Connection and then go to the properties. Now double click on the IP Version 4.
- Now you would be provided with space then put the static IP address as 192.168.1.x for example. Your static IP address is already provided to you, and you have to enter that only. The IP keeps on varying with the model, and you can find your IP address for that particular model on the back side of the panel.
- Now once the static IP address is set then, open a web browser be it Google chrome, firefox, internet explorer or Safari with a good internet spend and then type the IP address of the desired router or extender. The default is 192.168.1.1 or 168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254 or simply http://tplinkrepeater.net admin . After putting that on the address bar click on “Enter.”
- The http://tplinkrepeater.net admin login page would get opened which would ask for your username and password. Enter your username and password for your TP-link log in site. If you have set the default username and password, then you need to write “admin” for both respectively. Once put in the right username and password, click on OK.
- These IP settings are for login to the Web-based Interface of TP-Link for configuration. If you have a broadband router which supplies you with the network, then in that case you need to re-configure the IP settings of the device.
- Step 2
You will now be opened with the LAN settings which would include a lot of menu bars. Go to the IP address column. Click on the “Network” which is on the left side and change the IP address to the one who doesn’t coincide with your base router and is suitable for your type of the network. Once you have done the step, click on SAVE to save the desired settings.
The changes will take effect as soon as you reboot the device. If you have a router which gives you access to all the internet connection then in such case the re-configuration of the IP settings is to be done to obtain the IP address automatically.