If you have a large home or office where wifi signal cannot reach or if you have any old home with thick walls from which Wifi signals not passing to other then you can use the wireless repeater of TP-Link which is one of the most usable product by majority of people as it’s an affordable product and effective as well to give you the best quality of signals. However, there are some people who face some issues while setting up the TP link wireless repeater. The tp link wireless repeater setup is very easy; you can do it on your own and this repeater provides you best quality as compared to others. There are many methods to set up the repeater, but in this article we will learn about 2 methods to set up the wireless repeater. So let’s learn how to set up TP Link wireless repeater. Checkout the steps below:
- Plug your extender into a power outlet near your router and press the WPS button of your router, after that press the WPS button of your extender and the LED indicator of the WPS will starts blinking.
- Now plug in the extender hallway between your router and Wi-Fi dead zone and wait for 1 minute until the LED turn green but the LED will turn green then take it closer to the router to get the better quality of signal.
The extender can be used as a wireless adapter to connect any Ethernet only device such as a Blu-ray player, DVR or your smart TV to your wifi network and you need to connect the extender first with your router and after that connect the extender to your ethernet only device via an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your device and type http://tplink repeater.net to tp link wireless repeater setup and once you are on the page it will ask you for your username and password.
- Type admin for both username and password and then click on login button.
- Now select the 2.4 GHz band of your network and enter the wireless password of the router and click on the next button.
- After this, you can keep the default SSID or customize it for the extended 2.4.GHz network and then click on next and verify your wireless settings and click save and now check the LED indicator. The Led should turn green which indicates successful connection.
It helps you to reach the signals where the normal signals cannot reach and they are usually plug into a socket and connect to your computer and they act as a signal repeater which use your signals to amplify and boost them to give you best speed of internet. And with this you can access the wifi network from any area of your house or office. Usually, you can set up the wireless repeater through tp link wireless repeater setup but sometimes it can be complicated for some persons so they can use the above methods to set up their router easily or you can use the below steps as well:
- Type your IP address in the address bar of the browser and login to your router with your username and password.
- You need to access the wireless and you should note down the details given above like the IP address of the router, SSID, password etc.
- Once you logged in and if your router is not responding then you need to change the IP address and after that right click on the windows taskbar and choose the task manager and select the file of new task and check the run as admin. In that you need to type CMD into space given and then press enter. After this you will see a default gateway and that is your IP address of your router.
So, if you are facing any issue in setting up your router or extender then you can use these steps, however, if your repeater is still giving you problem then the power cycle and reset is the best option as it will change all the settings to factory setting by which you can easily use the default SSID and network key.