Recently bought brand new Amped Wireless range extender but facing the problem? Well, you are not the only one who is facing problem while setting up or performing some operations. There is no doubt that, the process of setting is quite difficult as compared to other wireless range extenders. We know it is very frustrating situation especially when you purchase such device to enhance your multiplayer gameplay experience or bought it to get wireless router connected all over the home even in the dead Wi-Fi zone. If you are facing problem while using this Amped Wireless range extender then, read this post. Here, in this post, we will provide best troubleshooting settings for your Amped wireless device.
Troubleshooting settings: Amped Wireless range extender
Q: Facing problem when I try to open web menu from setup.ampedwireless.com.
- First of all, make sure the Amped Wireless range extender is properly connected to the computer with Ethernet cable not with wireless connection and power on the device.
- Now, close the web browser window and relaunch it by going to the setup.ampedwireless.com page.
- After that, you have to type 192.168.1.240 on the web browser address field and hit on the “Enter” button.
- Now, power off the Amped wireless smart repeater and power it on again.
- You can reset the repeater with default settings by the press and hold the reset button for around 10 to 12 seconds.
Q: Getting error when it tries to run the smart setup wizard.
- You can get this error because maybe your smart repeater is secured. You can check it by double click on the correct security key to connect to the home network.
- Now, one can modify the channel number of your home wireless network to 5 thru 11.
- Make sure your home network DHCP server is enabled. This will enable the smart repeater to obtain the internet protocol address from the home network.
Q: I am not able to see my home network on the smart setup wizard.
- One of the main reason behind is this problem is maybe your router is placed in out of coverage area. You can try to move the position of the router near the smart repeater.
- If you are wireless router support dual band then, it may be causing the problem because ofAmped smart repeater support 802.11b.g.n 2.4 GHz You can change the configuration of your router by disabling the 5 GHz of the band.
- After that, go to the smart feature tab under it web menu. Make sure all settings are fully completed i.e. 100 percent completed and try again.
- Now, check your home wireless network SSID is set to broadcasting not hidden.
Q: From past few days, I am facing a problemwith not able to connect to the internet through the smart repeater.
- Problem connection occurs due to various reasons that happen to your home wireless network. You can rescan through http://setup.ampedwireless.com/.
- If you are not able to access the setup menu then, check the smart repeater is turned on or not. You can restart the Amped repeater by unplugging the power cable and replug it to turn back it on.
- Now, open the web browser and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com/ and hit on the “Enter” button and configure the home network.
- Turn on the wireless router if it has been turned off. The Amped smart repeater will connect to your home network automatically in few minutes.
- If you find any change to your home SSID, channel, or security will lead to connection problem between the smart repeater and the home wireless network.
Hope, you will find the best solution to your problem in this post. For more information, visit their official website.