If you have a D-Link router and you want to get your fast Wi-Fi up and running then it is very easy to update your router, in this article you will know about the entire process of updating or setting up a router. All the setup can be done with the help of http dlinkrouter local, once you go to this website, it will be very easy for you to change, customize, modify or update your router. To setup your router you need some things like a router, power adapter, ethernet cable, Wi-Fi configuration card and quick install guide.
If you are using a PPPoE connection then you will need the username and password of your connection and if you do not have this information then you need to take it from your Internet service provider and there is no use to move forward without having your username and password so that you can login to http dlinkrouter local If you are a using a cable then make sure to unplug the power to your modem and you may need to turn it off for up to 5 minutes in some cases and if you have a modem or router and if your internet service provider you with any modem then you will need to set it to bridge mode so that your D-link router can work properly. You need to contact your internet service provider, or you can also refer to the user manual for your modem or router device.
You can follow the below steps to update or setup your router: http dlinkrouter local
- First, connect the included power adapter to a wall socket and your router.
- Now connect the ethernet cable to the WAN port or internet port of both your modem and router which connect both You can easily recognize the WAN ports as they are mostly of yellow colours.
- Wait for few seconds to start up with a light indication.
- Now open your laptop, computer or cell phone and investigate your network preferences and connect the name of Wi-Fi which SSID which can be found on the provided Wireless Configuration card and enter in the password which is also given on the card.
- If it not works, then unplug the power to your cable or DSL internet modem and connect an ethernet cable from your laptop or computer to a port of local area network on your router either in Port 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Connect your cable or DSL modem to the internet port on your router and after that switch on the power of both the router and your internet cable or DSL modem.
- Now open your internet browser on your device and open http dlinkrouter local or enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- You will get a prompt with the D-link quick router setup wizard and after that click on the next button.
- If your router has been configured previously then you will need to reset, it to go through the setup and to reset your device to default settings press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and then release it. The lights on the front of the router should all flash and reboot.
- After reboot, the router will perform a scan to check the type of internet service you have and if it is successful the internet setup will be skipped.
- But if due to some issues scan was not successful then you will be prompted to select your internet type i.e. DHCP connection your cable internetsservices like Cogeco, Videotron, Rogers or Acanac.
- The username and password of your DSL internet service will be provided by your internet service provider by which you can login to http dlinkrouter local to update or setup the settings of your router.
- After login, enter your new wireless network name and password.
- Select the time zone of your place and a summary of your wireless router’s settings will display which includes your wireless network name and password, click on save button and after that router will reboot to apply the changes or new settings to complete the setup.